Friday, April 11, 2008
I wonder....
who thought this was a good idea. I had a meeting with our Bishop Tuesday evening, while I suspected that I would be receiving my new calling I was not prepared for what it was going to be. As I sit across from the Bishop my mind begins to wonder, what will this calling be. I wonder if it will be something that I am capable of doing and doing it well. Then my mind immediately goes to nursery, oh no not nursery again! Let me just be clear I don't mind nursery, however I did do nursery for three years straight because no one else would take the calling. I felt like I deserved a break for a few years. I will be honest I thought of how I was going to pull off a smile when the words nursery came out of his mouth. The word nursery never came out, the words Assistant Camp Director did. While I understand that they are inspired in handing out the callings, I wondered why he thought me and bears were a good mix. As I was sitting there letting the whole thing sink in, the words Young Women's Sports Director also came out. Wow two callings in one day, that's some serious inspiration flowing, this one I had to laugh at. I am not a sport playing person, never have been. I wondered where this inspiration was coming from and if he was relaying it to the right person. As I sit and think about my new callings the words Activities Committee come out of nowhere, what in the world? I went in expecting one calling not three, and even typing it I have to laugh. Suddenly nursery isn't sounding so bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You will do a great job. I am doing girls camp this year and I am so excited. Sport easy and fun, and activity committee fun but not always easy. You will do great.
Wow, those are callings I wouldn't feel that comfortable in, either! Good luck! I will say, though, working in Young Women's is so fun and callings are the best way to make friends. I bet it'll be fabulous in the end and you will do great!
I think I would of ask him if this was a mutiple question. Or which one was his preference. Ü Remember you have the responsibilty to pray about this one also and get a confirmation from the spirit but whatever happens I know you will do great.
Oh cool! I know you will do a great job at all three! You are such a detail oriented person and you always seem to figure out whatever job or activity or are attempting! Go get 'em tiger!
You are going to have a blast. You will be busy but it will be well worth it. You will do awesome! Good luck!
Post a Comment