Friday, March 14, 2008

Saturday's

It's Friday!! When I was a kid I remember saying the same thing, although it had a whole other meaning. As a kid Saturday at my house was what I like to call "child labor"day. There were baseboards to be washed, bathrooms to be scrubbed, dished to be done, and all those finer things. I remember having to rake the carpet, who in their right mind rakes carpet I ask? It seemed like no matter how fast we worked, there was always something else that needed attention. A Saturday at my house was over in a blink of an eye, with the kids wondering where it went. I find myself making up for lost time doing all the fun things,and I still wonder where Saturday went. The dishes will still be there, the baseboards will not wash themselves, a bathroom will always need cleaning (especially if you have little boys!)and well who in their right mind rakes carpet?? Saturday's at my house are filled with cartoons, and jammies. I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: