Thursday, March 13, 2008
The Tuck-in
I love to tuck my kids in every night. Each kid is different in how their tuck-in should take place. M has to be first, and has a whole list of tuck-in duties that I need to preform. The boy's wait patiently in their rooms until it is their turn. M's tuck-in takes great skill, as each and everything needs to be done before she gets under her wickie (blanket). I must turn on her radio, nightlight, and make sure her wickies are in order. B is next, it is so neat that he still wants his tuck-in. He will not ask me to tuck him in, rather he will linger around until I ask him if he would like a tuck-in. He replies with " Yeah I guess so" There is a certain wickie that he sleeps with every night, so his tuck-in is easy. He doesn't sleep under is bedding, according to him that way he wont have to make his bed. C is last, by his choice. If I go out of order he will make sure to call me back in when the other two are done. C requires ever single wickie that he owns to be on him. The end of our tuck-in has to end with Sweet Dreams, and if I forget he reminds me :) I hope they never get too old for a tuck-in, they are so special for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Tuck-ins" are a great thing I do have to admit (sometimes). There is always something about it having to be mom that does it as well!
Post a Comment